This year Northern Star Scouting is proud to recognize Megan Remark, President/CEO of Regions Hospital as the 2019 Community Builder on December 19, 2019 at the Intercontinental St. Paul Riverfront.
This prestigious honor is given to a person who has uncommonly demonstrated his or her commitment to making our community a better place in which to live.
Also, at the event, six other community leaders will be recognized with the Spurgeon award. This prestigious honor recognizes a person or persons for their outstanding example and leadership as a volunteer of community-based organizations, role model for youth and for demonstration of excellence in their career field. Our 2019 Spurgeon recipients include:
- Gary Ales, Retired Counselor, Teacher, and Coach of St. Paul Public Schools
- Paul Batz, Chief Executive Officer and Founder of Good Leadership Enterprises
- Amanda Brinkman, Chief Brand Officer, Deluxe; Creator, Small Business Revolution
- Dr. Rassoul Dastmozd, Retired President/CEO of St. Paul College
- Glenn E. Johnson, Sr. Vice President of Mairs & Power Inc.
- Maddison Zikmund, Assistant Chief/Explorer Advisor of the Spring Lake Park, Blaine, and Mounds View Fire Department
For more information about the event or how you can become involved to support the Exploring program, please use the contact information on this page.