2023 National Scout Jamboree - Northern Star Scouting Contingent
Registration now open - join us for the Scouting adventure of a lifetime!
*NEW - Check out the national scholarship information below and note the Early registration discount that ends on October 31st!
The Boy Scouts of America has announced that the next National Scout Jamboree will be held at the Summit Bechtel Reserve in West Virginia July 19-28, 2023. More than just a gathering of Scouts, the Jamboree will provide High Adventure programming, a chance to meet Scouts from around the country, and so much more. Many of you have waited years for the opportunity to attend a Jamboree, and we are excited to offer a local contingent that will help you reach this Scouting milestone. We hope that you will consider joining with us as we plan and take part in a memorable Scouting adventure!
Next Steps for Interested Scouts
- To register for the 2023 National Scout Jamboree please first register with via the national site (link below). National scholarship applications are submitted through the same site as a part of the registration process. Although the first window closes on July 31st, a second window will be available in the Fall/Winter, closing on December 31st.
- Once registered through the national system, please register for the Northern Star Scouting contingent through our payment site (linked below). All fees for the Jamboree will be paid through the contingent payment site. Upon registering with our local contingent, you will be prompted to make a $250 deposit. On the site we have a recommended payment schedule, and strongly encourage that payments made match the accrued amount based on the recommended fee schedule. All participants will need to be fully paid by Mach of 2023.
Step One - National Registration Site
Step Two - Contingent Payment Site
• Based on experience, we strongly encourage that parents and Scouts explore fundraising options to help fund participation in the Jamboree. We expect that the Northern Star Scouting Contingent will cost approximately $3,100.
• To ensure that we send a full contingent, make sure that you highlight the opportunity to attend with other families in your unit.
• Please note that the Jamboree registration cost will increase 14% after October 31st. Base registration costs will not change for those that are registered through the national system prior to October 31st. We are encouraging all potential registrants to apply online through the national site prior to the deadline to help mitigate costs.
Expected Timeline for Participants
• Participants informed of provisional unit placement - Late October 2022
• Earlybird registration ends - October 31, 2022
• Kick-off Meeting for Participants/ Parents - November 19, 2022 (Leadership Center 6202 Bloomington Rd Ft, Snelling, MN 55111)
• Unit gatherings - December through April 2023
• Full payment deadline via the contingent payment site (step-two) - March 2023
• Pre-Jamboree Shakedown - May 5-7, 2023
Next Steps for Leaders
• Interviews and selections have been made for Scoutmasters and Assistant Scoutmasters. That said, the leader application below will still be open for those that are willing to be considered if a vacancy occurs during the planning process for the 2023 National Scout Jamboree. There are no guarantees that applicants will be able to fill a role, but we appreciate your willingness to be considered.
• Help us spread the word about the Jamboree! We need your help to ensure Scouts and families are aware of the chance to attend this great Scouting adventure – help us fill our contingent and maximize the number of youth that have the opportunity to attend the Jamboree from Northern Star Scouting. See you at the Summit in 2023!
Northern Star Scouting Contingent Leader Application
Next Steps for Volunteers Interested in the Jamboree Service Team (JST)
What makes a Jamboree awesome? What is the key to a world-class, life changing experience? It’s you. If you love Scouting and being part of a high functioning team that delivers amazing experiences, then we want you on the 2023 National Jamboree Service Team. The 2023 is all about moving Scouting forward and no matter your skillset, we need you to deliver the promise of this historic event.
• Prior to applying, please review the policies found in the Resource Library of the jamboree.scouting.org site (link below).
• Registration for the Jamboree Service Team is located on the page linked below. Position offerings are handled by the national organization.
2023 National Jamboree Service Team Page
National Scholarship Opportunities
The BSA’s aim is to ensure that every eligible Scout who is interested in attending the Jamboree is able to do so, regardless of financial background. While Scouts are encouraged to fundraise as much as they reasonably can, some Scouts will need additional financial support to cover Jamboree costs. Councils are expected to be the primary provider of scholarships to Scouts who need them. To supplement council scholarships, some national scholarships are available to Scouts with financial need.
- The scholarship can potentially cover any requested amount up to the full national fee of $1,285.
- In order to maximize the number of Scouts who can attend the Jamboree, full scholarships will only be given in the most extraordinary cases. Most scholarship awards will total 50% or less of the national fee.
- There are two scholarship deadlines: The initial deadline for scholarship applications past on July 31, 2022. Those that applied will be notified by September 15, 2022 regarding their application. The second deadline for scholarship applications is December 31, 2022, with second (final) round applicants told the result by February 15, 2023. The possible results for a scholarship application are: Approved for a specific scholarship award amount, Not Approved for a Jamboree scholarship, or (for some first-round applicants) Waitlisted to be considered during the second round.
- Eligibility Requirements: 1. Complete an online application for the National Jamboree AND be approved by your council to attend the National Jamboree by July 31, 2022 (for first-round scholarship applicants) or December 31, 2022 (for second-round scholarship applicants). 2. Be a youth participant or unit leader up to age 33. Note: Jamboree Service Team (staff) members are ineligible for scholarships because all JST members ages 16-33 automatically receive a reduced fee.
- Scholarship Application Process: 1. Scholarship applications are exclusively completed via the National Jamboree event registration system. 2. The Scholarship Committee will determine scholarship amounts for each applicant. Recipients and their councils will be notified of the award amounts.
More Information About National Scholarships
See you at the Summit in 2023!