About the Distinguished Citizen's Award Dinner
Honors individuals who have provided outstanding service to the community
The Distinguished Citizen Award is presented to individual community leaders who provide outstanding civic service to the adult and/or youth in the community.
Those who receive the award are not necessarily Scouting volunteers, but rather individuals who personify what Scouting stand for – good citizenship, outstanding moral fiber with a dedication to others, and for living their lives by the Scout Oath and Law.
The recipient is honored at the Distinguished Citizen's Dinner.
Friends and business partners of the honoree purchase corporate sponsorship packages and reserve tables at the event.
How can I get involved?
The event is run by a volunteer organizing committee, comprised of friends and business partners of the honoree.
Past Recipients of the Northern Star Scouting Distinguished Citizen's Award
- 2021 Russ Becker, CEO & President - APi Group
- 2020 "Young People" for Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion
- 2019 Jay Lund, Chairman and CEO of Andersen Corporation
- 2018 Ben Fowke, Chairman, President, and CEO of Xcel Energy
- 2017 M. A. "Mort" Mortenson, Jr., Chairman of Mortenson Construction
- 2016 Chris Policinski, President & CEO of LAND O' Lakes, Inc.
- 2015 Greg Page, Executive Chairman of the Board of Cargill
- 2014 Douglas M. Baker, Jr., Chairman and CEO of Ecolab
- 2013 Mary Brainerd, President and CEO of HealthPartners
- 2012 Richard Davis, Chairman, CEO and President of U.S. Bank
- 2011 Jim Humphrey, Chairman of Andersen Corporation
- 2010 Jeffrey Noddle, retired Chairman/CEO of SUPERVALU
- 2008 Richard Kelly, President/CEO of Xcel Energy
- 2006 Janet Dolan, retired CEO of Tennant Corporation&
- 2005 Warren Staley, retired Chairman/CEO of Cargill
- 2004 Gerald Rauenhorst, founder of OPUS
- 2002 Richard Schulze, founder of Best Buy
- 2000 Phil Heasley, past President/COO of US Bank
Proceeds from the Distinguished Citizen's Dinner benefit Northern Star Council's urban outreach Scouting programs.