Become a BALOO Trained Cub Leader and Take Your Pack Camping
2022 Fall BALOO Training
Who: Cub Scout leaders in charge of the pack's outdoor experiences
What: BALOO training covers topics from health and safety to the logistics of planning and running a successful camping trip for your pack. You’ll learn about program planning, meal preparation and food safety, camping gear selection, water safety, and campfire program planning. You’ll get hands on experience with group games, skits and songs, and traditional Scouting skills like pocketknife use and safety, map and compass, knot tying, hiking, and first aid.
When: Saturday, August 20, 2022, 9:00AM to Sunday, August 21, 2022, 11:00AM. The 24 hour course includes an overnight camping experience.
Where: Fred C. Andersen Scout Camp – 186 Andersen Scout Cp Rd, Houlton, WI 54082
Bring: Your own tent, sleeping bag, camp chair, personal items, appropriate clothing for the weather, water bottle, notebook, pen, day pack. Meals are provided from lunch Saturday through breakfast Sunday. Please indicate food allergies or dietary needs on the Registration form.
- One BALOO trained leader is required on all Cub Scout camping trips
- BALOO training allows Webelos den leaders to take their den camping independently of the Cub Scout Pack
- BALOO training insures your camping outings are covered under BSA insurance
- Training gives you resources for creating a fun camping program and saving money!
- There will be a Zoom meeting on Wednesday evening, August 17, from 6:00 PM until 8:15 PM to cover the classroom portion of the BALOO syllabus so we can more effectively social distance at the BALOO event itself. If you cannot make it to this event, please email Rick Mitchell to discuss alternatives.