Camping Department New Refund Policies
The Camping Committee has approved a new refund policy for camp programs. The policy will go into effect for programs that begin after June 1, 2024.
The new policy, outlined below, is applicable to camp program registrations only and includes Cub and Scouts BSA overnight summer camp, Discovery Camps, North Wind, Snow Base, Polar Cubs, Fall Day Camp and Spookyree.
New Camp Program Refund & Cancelations
- All programs will collect a deposit that is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Programs collecting the entire fee at time of registration will designate and advertise the portion considered to be the deposit (which is non-refundable and non-transferable).
- Cancelation Timeline:
- 30 days prior to program session = full refund less the deposit.
- 29 to 8 days prior to program session = full credit less the deposit.
- 7 days prior to program session = full forfeit of fees paid.
- Requests for refunds/cancelations need to be made in writing.
- Credits will be available for 365 days and can be used for any program operated by the Northern Star Camping Department.
A separate policy for facility rental/reservations, including weekend camping, is under review, however the existing policy will remain in effect until changes are approved.