Project Management Skills for Life - July Course Offering
Join Us in St. Louis Park on July 30th for an In-Depth Project Management Course for Young People Ages 14-25
Almost everything in life is a project. The sooner one learns the skills to manage it well, the sooner one gains the benefits for life!
Minnesota Chapter of Project Management Institute (PMI-MN) and Northern Star Scouting (NSS) of BSA are jointly presenting an interactive workshop to build skills in Project Management. The fundamentals workshop will take a deeper dive into project management process as described in PMBOK, Project Management Body of Knowledge, 6th ed. A high level introduction of Agile Project Management methodology will also be presented.
After the course, the teenagers would leave knowing how to:
- Create and follow a plan.
- Break big jobs into smaller tasks.
- Prioritize activities.
- Create a backup plan… “Plan B."
- Get the job DONE, and Celebrate Success!
This class satisfies BSA Venturing Pathfinder 'Project Management' requirements.
Here are some further event details:
- Event location: Lifetime Fitness 5525 Cedar Lake Road St. Louis Park, MN 55416.
- Course date/time: Saturday July 30,2022 from 9AM-3PM.
- This in-person workshop is for participants 14 to 25 years of age.
- Opens to non-members of PMI-MN and Northern Star Scouting.
- Course fee = $60.
- Full waiver scholarship available. Visit https://events.pmi-mn.org/PMI-MN-PMSFL/ for info. deadline is at noon 15 days prior to class (i.e. noon of 7/15/22).
- Registration closes at noon 8 days prior to class (i.e. noon of 7/22/22).
- Minimum four (4) registrants to hold class. Maximum twenty (20).
- Recommended to have COVID-19 vaccinations and booster shots. Wearing mask in the premise is optional.
- Lunch/refreshments provided - A LifeCafe is also available.
Event Registration and More Information