Welcome to Council-level Leaders for 2023
STRENGTHENING COUNCIL LEADERSHIP
The council's annual meeting on May 10 included the installation of new council-level leaders. John Patterson became Council President, succeeding John Guthmann.
New Officers include Dennis Goetz, Treasurer and Jacob Folks, Vice President of Membership. New President's Cabinet members are Ed Freeman, Terri Johnson, Helen Lockwood, Jeff Sulzback, and Tom Zemlin.
Recognized as Honorary Member is veteran Scouter and friend of Scouting: Betty Phillippo. Welcome new leaders, and thank you for all you for Scouting!
HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE 113TH ANNUAL MEETING
The 113th meeting took place on May 10 at Midland Hills Country Club. The meeting still had a hybrid option with over 110 people in attendance and nearly 50 joining us online. We were thrilled to see so many people in-person and participants enjoyed the chance to mingle.
- Installation of council officers including John G. Patterson
- Recognition of four Eagle Scout scholarship recipients, Brayden Entner, Jacob Halverson, Lance Hoover, Matthew Huesman, Jacob Johnson, and Hannah Marik. 80+ Eagle Scouts applied for scholarships and 23 were awarded for a total of $39,500 awarded in 2023.
- Introduction of the the 2022 Eagle Project of the year conducted by Eagle Scout Dominique Claseman. He raised $77K to build a veteran memorial in his hometown of Olivia, MN. His amazing service garnered both local and national attention. He won the Territory Eagle Scout Project of the Year Award and the Youth Service Award from the Congressional Medal of Honor Society in Washington D.C.
- Recognition of Mike Hall as the Outstanding Eagle Scout Award Recipient
- Introduction of the 2022 class of Honorary members: Betty Phillippo — an active, longtime Scouter and friend of Scouting.
- Presentation of the BSA 50 Year Veteran pin to Terry Bernier (50 years), Richard Sperry (50 years), and Peter Johnson (50 years). Their recognition shows that Scouting is a lifelong endeavor for many, many people.
- Review of some of the ways Scouts are Improving the World in this year's 2022 Annual Report. Presented by the members of CCF creative team, they donated time and development to create an interactive map that showcases all the good Northern Star and Scouting has accomplished in the past year.
- Check out our Annual Highlights video featured below: