Upcoming Wood Badge Courses Filling Very Fast!
What It Is and Why You Should Take It
Wood Badge is a six-day training that gives leaders opportunities to
learn about Scouting, use the patrol method, develop an individual
vision and gain tools that apply to all areas of life.
When asked about Wood Badge after the Winter 2019 course, Scouters say:
- “I’ve learned so much that will help me to be better not only for my Cub Scouts, but in my personal and professional life.”
- “It will refine the way I approach all tasks and program delivery to Scouts and Scouters.”
- “As a 2nd year Scouter, and never having been a Scout in my
youth, this was incredible.The content was unbelievable, but the
most valuable take away for me was the honest enthusiasm and excitement
for the program—excitement that we leaders need to share with our
- “It has given me a cohesive and realistic set of leadership tools which I can apply to every meeting and contact.”
- “Essential for Pack/Troop/Crew leaders.I wish I had done it a long time ago.”
- “It renewed my fire in Scouting.The info presented will
help with all of the relationships in my life, not just in Scouting.”
- “I've been in the program almost 20 years and am always looking
for new (or better) ways of doing things.I learned quite a bit
about both myself and how to better handle situations.”
- “Great information and connections with knowledgeable Scouters.Acorns have been planted.”
Please consider joining us at our next available Wood Badge course.
Wood Badge has been in such high demand that our Fall Course filled
four months ahead of time. Our winter course is setting up to fill at
the same rate. If you are interested in attending, you do not want to
wait! The Winter 2020 course has Karol Smith serving as Course
Director/Scoutmaster and Brenda Wherry as backup Course
Director.It will be offered at Kiwanis Scout Camp and offers
experiences.The winter course weekends are Jan. 24-26 and Feb.
28-Mar. 1, 2020. The cost of the course is $250 including a $100
deposit at the time of registration.The fee pays for lodging,
training materials, and the meals for the course. For additional
information or to register for either of the upcoming course, visit the Wood Badge page linked in the related content section.
Due to the high quality of the training and the outstanding program
that our volunteer teams have been providing, our courses have been
filling in record time. Don’t miss out on
the opportunity to experience Wood Badge yourself.Sign up today!