2020 August Curbside Kick-Offs!
“Curbside Kick-Off’ is the NEW name for the previous District August Program Kick-off meetings, basically because there is a very good chance that it will not be a MEETING in the traditional sense.
How it will work
Unit leaders will drive in the parking lot and will be directed to drive through and stop at our various distribution spots for materials. Drive through times at the sites are 7 pm – 8:30 pm.
Materials to be distributed will include:
- Fall recruitment materials
- Annual Membership/Renewal packets.
- Popcorn sale info/materials.
- Council Calendars.
- NEW for 2020 Council Program Catalogs (which will resemble a school community ed catalog), containing info on:
- Summer camp and winter camp for Scouts/Venturers/Sea Scouts
- Cub / Webelos Camps
- Fall Day Camp/Spooky-Ree info
- Popcorn materials
- STEM and council activities
- Training info for Basic leader training, University of Scoutings, Wood Badge, BALOO, Grey Wolf, Introduction to Outdoor Leadership Skills Course, etc.
- And MORE!!!
Each of the distribution “stations” will have a staff member/volunteer attending to it. As the unit leader drives up and stops at each “station”, they would have their materials given to them.
A key component of the plan is for video trainings / information segments to be created for volunteers to watch from the comforts of their home. Each topic, such as Fall Recruitment, Fall Popcorn Sale, etc., would be hosted / presented by a Subject Matter Expert.
As of June 11, we have the following 6 parking lot “Curbside Kick-off” sites secured and they are:
August 6, Redeemer Lutheran Church in Willmar.
August 6, Base Camp ate Fort Snelling.
August 6, First Covenant Church in River Falls.
August 6, Totino Grace High School, Fridley.
August 11, Zion Lutheran Church in Buffalo.
August 11, Guardian Angels Church in Oakdale.
August 11, Forest Hills Methodist Church, Forest Lake.
August 11, Messiah Lutheran Church in Lakeville