Summit Bechtel Scout Reserve
Home of the National Jamboree and special one-of-a-kind camping weeks
The Boy Scouts Newest High Adventure Facility
Located in West Virginia, The Summit is a training, Scouting, and
adventure center for youth and adult Boy Scout
participants. The Summit is home to the National Scout
Jamboree and the Paul R.Christen High Adventure Base, where you can
push your limits farther than you ever thought possible.
Paul R. Christen High Adventure Base
This High Adventure Base has something for everyone: zip lines,
biking, rafting, and shooting. You can spend a week trying a little of
everything, or focus on specialized weeks.
- The Summit Experience: For a week you'll get to spend a half day
trying out every activity they offer: BMX and mountain biking, canopy
tours, skateboarding, climbing, ropes courses and shooting sports.
- The River: Spend the week learning to raft and kayak on a whitewater river.
- Helmets and Harnesses: Spend a week off the ground-ropes
courses, zip lines and climbing walls are what this program is all
- The Marksman: Develop you skills and participate in competitions
for trap shooting and rifles, 3D archery, long range archery and
- Tires and Trails: Learn how to mountain bike on various types of trails and participate in a long distance ride.
- Berms and Bars: For participants who already know how to bike
well, take your skills to the next level by learning how to BMX bike.
Along with learning tricks and racing techniques you will also learn
- Ramps and Rails: Come to skateboarding camp! Learn basic to
advanced skills including ramps and rail riding. The Summit has it's
very own skate park.
Learn more about the Summit's High Adventure Programs
The National Scout Jamboree
Every 4 years, the entire Scouting family comes together for a giant
celebration called a JAMBOREE to celebrate the Boy Scouts of America.
Learn more about the jamboree, including how to volunteer or be on staff.