2021 Summer of Service
Join us in doing our part to help other people at all times!
Join Scouting families from across the country in a spirited Summer of Service! As we have throughout our history, Scouting families are answering the call to work together in service for the greater good. From public health drives, to caring for the environment, to assisting neighbors in need, Scouts have always been a force for positivity and goodness in our communities. Now more than ever, our world needs that Scouting spirit once again. Let’s step up! Together, we can answer the call to make a positive impact in our neighborhoods and communities. Join us today, with projects big or small, in a Summer of Service!
HoW to Participate as a Unit
- Plan – Whether it is spur-of-the-moment, or months in the works, pick a project for your Scouting unit. Be sure to check the Northern Star Unit COVID Safety Guidebook and other resources below when planning your project.
- Serve – Complete your project between April 1st through October 31st.
- Post – Share your unit’s efforts on social media with the hashtag #SummerOfService #Scoutlook.
- Report – Use our local reporting form to tell us about your project.
- Celebrate – By reporting your project, your unit will earn a unit flag ribbon to mark your unit’s participation in our effort to better serve the community.
How to Participate as a Family
Follow the same five step plan outlined above for Scouting units. Instead of using the Northern Star Scouting report form, use the national form available here. The unit flag ribbon recognition is for unit efforts only, but we appreciate your work as a family to support the Summer of Service!
It is important to safe while conducting service projects around the community, both as a family and a Scouting unit. Please check the resources below before conducting your Summer of Service project.
Visit the Boy Scouts of America’s Brand Center for Zoom backgrounds, certificates, and other resources for your unit.