2023 National Scout Jamboree - Northern Star Scouting Contingent
Spots Still Available, but register before February 28th!
*NEW: All Contingent registrations need to be made by february 28th.
The Boy Scouts of America has announced that the next National Scout Jamboree will be held at the Summit Bechtel Reserve in West Virginia July 19-28, 2023. More than just a gathering of Scouts, the Jamboree will provide High Adventure programming, a chance to meet Scouts from around the country, and so much more. Many of you have waited years for the opportunity to attend a Jamboree, and we are excited to offer a local contingent that will help you reach this Scouting milestone. We hope that you will consider joining with us as we plan and take part in a memorable Scouting adventure!
information for scouts and leaders registered in the contingent:
See the attachments on this page at right, or use the links below, for the most up-to-date documentation from our contingent's organizing committee. More information about frequently asked or timely elements of contingent program are listed below. We are glad to have you a part of one of provisional Troops making the trip out to Washington, D.C. and the Summit Bechtel Reserve next Summer!
- Northern Star Scouting Camperships/ Fundraising
The campership application window will remain open for submissions until December 31st for the initial request window. Applications will be reviewed in January, with award amounts communicated at the end of that month. If funds are remaining from the first request window, a second application window will run from February 1-28, 2023, with award amounts communicated to recipients in March. At this time, the maximum default campership will be $624.50, or 50% of the national participation fee (with the aim to make funds available to as many participants as possible).
A show and deliver product sale is in discussion, and will be determined at the close of the council's annual popcorn sale campaign in November 2022.
All registrants can request a full refund through November 30, 2022. All registrations cancelled after November 30, 2022 will have the $250 deposit retained. See the contingent payment site for more information on the fee schedule and refunds.
The contingent will be offering a pre-tour of Washington, D.C. ahead of the 2023 National Scout Jamboree. Please plan on July 15, 2023 as the departure date, a few days ahead of the actual Jamboree start.
Bookings are in-progress, and a more complete itinerary will be available after the first of the year.
The contingent will be flying. Young adult participants and leaders need to plan on having a REAL ID compliant ID card or Passport for travel.
Winter Fireside Chat
From 6:30 - 7:30PM on Thursday January 5th, our Contingent Chair, Jerry Bru, will host a fireside chat by Zoom.
The chat will cover a variety of topics, including: recruiting, travel, contingent patches, unit development, and offer an opportunity to ask questions.
An email with the link was sent to all registered participants. If you have not received an invitation to attend the chat, feel free to reach out to [email protected] for access information, or check with your provisional Troop's unit leadership.
Youth Leader Letter of Intent
Common Source of Truth 11/23/22
11/19/22 Contingent Meeting Recording
11/19/22 Contingent Meeting Notes/ Presentation for Parents
Information for Scouts interested in Joining the Contingent:
Next Steps for Interested Scouts
- To register for the 2023 National Scout Jamboree please first register with via the national site (link below). Registrations need to be booked prior to February 28th to allow for pre-tour arrangements to be booked.
- Once registered through the national system, please register for the Northern Star Scouting contingent through our payment site (linked below). All fees for the Jamboree will be paid through the contingent payment site. Upon registering with our local contingent, you will be prompted to make a $250 deposit. On the site we have a recommended payment schedule, and strongly encourage that payments made match the accrued amount based on the recommended fee schedule. All participants will need to be fully paid by March of 2023.
Step One - National Registration Site
Step Two - Contingent Payment Site
• Based on experience, we strongly encourage that parents and Scouts explore fundraising options to help fund participation in the Jamboree. We expect that the Northern Star Scouting Contingent will cost approximately $3,100.
• To ensure that we send a full contingent, make sure that you highlight the opportunity to attend with other families in your unit.
• Please note that the Jamboree registration cost will increase 14% after October 31st. Base registration costs will not change for those that are registered through the national system prior to October 31st. We are encouraging all potential registrants to apply online through the national site prior to the deadline to help mitigate costs.
Expected Timeline for Participants
• Participants informed of provisional unit placement - Late October 2022
• Earlybird registration ends - October 31, 2022
• Kick-off Meeting for Participants/ Parents - November 19, 2022 (Leadership Center 6202 Bloomington Rd Ft, Snelling, MN 55111)
• Unit gatherings - December through April 2023
• Full payment deadline via the contingent payment site (step-two) - March 2023
• Pre-Jamboree Shakedown - May 5-7, 2023
Information for Adults Looking to serve as contingent leaders:
• Interviews and selections have been made for Scoutmasters and Assistant Scoutmasters. That said, the leader application below will still be open for those that are willing to be considered if a vacancy occurs during the planning process for the 2023 National Scout Jamboree. There are no guarantees that applicants will be able to fill a role, but we appreciate your willingness to be considered.
• Help us spread the word about the Jamboree! We need your help to ensure Scouts and families are aware of the chance to attend this great Scouting adventure – help us fill our contingent and maximize the number of youth that have the opportunity to attend the Jamboree from Northern Star Scouting. See you at the Summit in 2023!
Northern Star Scouting Contingent Leader Application
Information for Adults looking to serve on staff at the Jamboree:
What makes a Jamboree awesome? What is the key to a world-class, life changing experience? It’s you. If you love Scouting and being part of a high functioning team that delivers amazing experiences, then we want you on the 2023 National Jamboree Service Team. The 2023 is all about moving Scouting forward and no matter your skillset, we need you to deliver the promise of this historic event.
• Prior to applying, please review the policies found in the Resource Library of the jamboree.scouting.org site (link below).
• Registration for the Jamboree Service Team is located on the page linked below. Position offerings are handled by the national organization.
2023 National Jamboree Service Team Page
See you at the Summit in 2023!