About the 2022 District Award of Merit Nominating Process
The District Award of Merit is intended to recognize Scouters for exceptional service to the district, or for exceptional service provided in support of a district or districts by Scouters serving on council-level committees. The number of awards is limited annually to one for every 25 Scouting units (or fraction thereof) in a district. The District Award of Merit is a great way to recognize those Scouters that go above and beyond in their service to others, and the Scouting movement locally. Those seeking to nominate a Scouter for the District Award Merit should follow these steps:
- Review the District Award of Merit nomination form and Northern Star Scouting-specific procedures (located below) prior to completing or submitting the nomination form.
- Gather records and information for the nominee, focusing on service to Scouting at the district or council-level.
- Complete the national nomination form (located below), summarizing the nominee’s service record.
- A supporting letter of recommendation is helpful in developing a full picture of the nominee but is not required for submission of a District Award of Merit nomination.
- When the District Award of Merit nomination is complete, submit the nomination form and optional letter of recommendation to your local District Key-3 (consisting of your District Membership Chair, District Commissioner, and District Professional). You can find your local Key-3 contacts by following the link below.
Please note that districts will have individual submission timelines for nominations. Generally, the nomination period runs from November through January each year.
Northern Star District Award of Merit Process Document
National District Award of Merit Nomination Form
Key-3 Contacts By District