Attend Far-o-ween at Base Camp
Bring your family and sign-up for an hour-long time slot to come to Base Camp and celebrate Halloween! We will have ‘treat stations’ that will be spaced out and set up to allow the safest possible ‘treat transactions’ Wear your most creative costume and come celebrate with us!
- Organized, spaced out trick or treating (walk around as a family)
- Yard games
- Youth costume contest (win a free birthday party!)
- Event will be rain or shine (we have a safe/big indoor space if needed)
Cost is $5 per vehicle.
Volunteer at Far-o-Ween
Troops, Crews and Scouting volunteers! We need your help to put on a safe, fun Halloween event for Scouts and community members. We are looking for units to set up candy stations around the Base Camp property for safe trick-or-treating. We’d also love it (but not a requirement) if each unit came up with the ‘Scoutiest’ way to safely have candy travel 6 ft or more (following the Guide to Safe Scouting obviously). In return for helping us on Halloween, we will give your unit 50% off an future event or program at Base Camp (and you can wait until we return to full capacity if you want). Here are some of the guidelines for volunteering:
- We will have some basic COVID safely guidelines that all members of your unit must follow while on the property (you will receive them prior to the event).
- Your unit can have up to 6 volunteers (youth or adult) at each candy station you sign up for.
- Your unit will need to provide 500 pieces of store bough, individually wrapped candy for each candy station you sign up for.
- Wearing costumes is highly encouraged, but a Scout uniform is also acceptable.
- Event will be rain or shine (plan B is inside the TeamBuilding Center with face coverings)
Sign up to volunteer