Be A Campmaster!
Looking for Campmasters
Do you ever want to work at a council Boy Scout Camp for only one weekend? Do you Ever want to spend a winter night in a cabin in the woods? You and your wife or a couple of buddies can hang out for a weekend. Do you like the feel of the cold crisp air on a winter morning? Well, it is yours when you sign up to campmaster at a Northern Star Council camp.
Campmasters stay in a heated building that has a full kitchen, living room with a fireplace and TV. They have a bathroom with a shower, and bedrooms. All you need to bring is food, a sleeping bag and a good book.
Duties for a campmaster are as follows:
- Work with ranger, checking in units Friday night and check out units on Sunday morning.
- Check on units to ensure they have the supplies needed for the weekend.
- Check on units to ensure they follow BSA policies and they respect the camps.
- Offer unit leaders assistance with programing when needed.
- Work with the ranger on other duties as assigned.
Training for campmasters is provided for all new campmasters. Some camps have review training every 6 months.