COVID19 and Northern Star Camps, Meetings & More
Information on Camping, Unit Events, Scout Shops, and Scouting Activities
Last Updated: 8/19/22
In August, the Centers for Disease Control updated their guidance for COVID-19 prevention measures. We have updated our practices as follows to ensure alignment.
We will continue to:
- Require individuals testing positive for COVID to isolate for at least 5 days before returning to Scouting activities. Once isolation is complete, we strongly recommend wearing a mask on days 6 – 10.
- Allow individuals to choose to continue wearing masks if they prefer. High quality (surgical or N95/KN95) masks are preferred over cloth.
- Encourage all to be up to date with vaccinations.
- Encourage proper handwashing and sanitation to cut down on spread of all illness.
We will no longer continue to:
- Require use of the COVID-19 Health Screening Checklist prior to events, activities and outings.
- Recommend quarantining if you have been exposed to COVID. Instead, the CDC recommends that individuals wear a high quality mask for 10 days after exposure. Similarly, we will no longer conduct universal contact tracing after known exposure.
- Recommend different actions after exposure for vaccinated versus unvaccinated individuals.
- Recommend universal social distancing practices.
As always, we will continue to monitor current conditions and government guidance and update our practices as needed.