Twin Valley Council is hosting a Certified Angler Training
The Twin Valley Council will be hosting a Certified Angler Training at Camp Cuyuna (near Crosslake, MN) May 31 – June 2, 2024. Certified Angler Training is the official BSA certification program for those volunteers wanting to host fishing programs for their unit, district, or council programs. This is a great training opportunity for:
- Your fishing / fly fishing merit badge instructor or Scouts BSA Summer Camp this summer.
- Fishing program leaders at Cub Camps.
- Any unit leader that wants to offer a fishing program as part of their unit program.
- A member of a district or council that runs fishing programs as part of your overall camping/outdoor programs.
- Cub leadership wanting to offer any of the new elective fishing adventures for the new Cub Scout program being rolled out in June.
- Any Fishing or Fly Fishing Merit Badge Counselor.
- Anyone interested in fishing and teaching others to fish.
Fishing is the 5th most popular program that Cub Scouts want to participate in (behind camping, the pinewood derby, hiking, and STEM) and the 4th most popular program Scouts BSA want to participate in (behind camping, hiking, and high adventure). Fishing and fishing programs are a great recruiting and retention tool for Scouting.
Click here for more information and to register!
Planning for Neurodiversity: Spring Special Needs Scouting Mini Conference
The National SND Committee’s Spring Mini-Conference on April 26th - 27th at the Northern Star Council Base Camp/Leadership Center is an in-person training opportunity on planning for neurodiversity in Scouting. It is intended for adult leaders, camp leaders, Scouting professionals, parents, caregivers, and any others interested.
The conference will focus on steps we can take ahead of time to help ensure that the usual methods of Scouting (camping or advancement, for example) provide a positive experience for Scouts with special needs or disabilities.
Click here to register
Northern Star Scouting is offering Chainsaw Safety Training throughout the year at various locations. This training is required if you are planning to operate a chainsaw on Northern Star Council camp properties. Events such as Conclaves and Alumni work weekends benefit from trained volunteers. Cutting is always done at the discretion of the Camp Ranger and/or council staff.
For additional information and to register, click the button below:
Click here to register