Welcome to New Council-Level Leaders for 2021
Strengthening Council Leadership
The council’s annual meeting on May 19 included the installation of new council-level leaders. John Guthmann became Council President, succeeding Kari Bjorhus. New officers include Paul Kaus, Council Commissioner, and Nancy Dana as Vice President/Exploring & Special Programs. New directors on the board are Colonel Matt Langer and Olivia Nelligan. New President’s Cabinet members are Rafael Ortega, Blake Parsons, and Jon Theobald. Recognized as Honorary Members are veteran Scouters Linda Lee, Brent Martin, Jerry Oss, and Pat Riley. Welcome new leaders, and thanks for all you do for Scouting!
Highlights from the 111th Annual Meeting
The 111th Council annual meeting took place on May 19, a hybrid meeting with 90 in person participants and another 100 online. With the easing of Covid restrictions, this was the first in person gathering in more than a year and participants enjoyed interacting.
- Installation of council officers including Judge John Guthmann as our new Council President and Paul Kaus as Council Commissioner
- Salutes and thanks to outgoing Council officers including Kari Bjorhus, our now past president, who led us with appreciation, humor and grace throughout her two-year term during difficult and unusual times, David Cousins as Council Commissioner who served in this key role for four years and Jon Theobald, Board Member and former Council President
- Recognition of two Eagle Scout scholarship recipients, Lauren Verweg and Bill Ketola who also served as masters of ceremonies
- Introduction and of the 2020 Eagle project of the year conducted by Eagle Scout Cooper Auge
- Induction of the 2021 class of Honorary Life Members: Linda Lee, Brent Martin, Gerald Oss and W. Patrick Riley all active, long time Scouting volunteers at many levels.
- Presented the BSA 65 Year Scout’s Pin to Bob Hannah and International Scouter’s Award to Thomas Baltutis
- Presentation of the 2021 National Duty to God Award to William Davies, one of only four such awards presented nationwide
- Review of some of the successes and challenges of the past year through the pages of the 2020 annual report, presented by members of the CCF creative team who donated the time, conception and development of the report.
- The meeting closed with the new Annual Meeting Highlights Video which can be found below.