New Program Catalog
A Unit Program Partner - One For Each Family
For our new Scouting year, we have a new tool! Copies of a 16-page, full color 2020-2021 Program Catalog for ALL your member households were distributed at the August Program Kick-Offs and mailed to families.
They contain brief descriptions, identified by season and Scouting program, of the major camps, events and activities offered by Northern Star Scouting. These are designed to supplement local unit’s annual program plan and can help promote them to members.
We’re asking leaders, to be sure to point out which of the offerings their unit is already planning to participate in and which ones they’re considering as they distribute/discuss the catalogs. The possibilities outlined can generate interest and excitement among members and families, plus may even result in some offers of help!
In addition, the catalog also includes:
- Descriptions of our unique Base Camp program offerings for groups and individuals
- Camp facilities rentals available
- Other information sources – online and in print
- Additional youth awards beyond advancement
- Training courses for youth and adults
- Volunteer opportunities beyond your local unit
- Good-to-know information about Northern Star Scouting
- Scout Shops locations and phone numbers
With opportunities for Cub Scouts, Scouts BSA, Venturing and Sea Scouts all included, members and families can see what may lie ahead in their Scouting futures!
Where Do You Get Them?
Hundreds were handed out all throughout the Curbside Program Kickoffs in August so families will be able to get them from their pack or troop leadership. Additionally, because we knew it's more difficult to reach everyone in-person during the pandemic, we mailed catalogs directly to all families, too!
An online version is available which can be shared digitally or printed on standard 8 ½ x 11” paper. Limited additional hard copies are avaiable as well.